Sunday, January 4, 2009

Obsession: Immersion Blender



I just got this nifty little tool and am enraptured. I wanted one so that I could puree soups right in the pot because I think it's a pain in the ass to have to transfer everything into the food processor in batches. But when I was in the store, I saw that this one has a couple of other attachments that renders it my new favorite gadget. There is a whisk, which when attached to the motor can whip heavy cream into a thick dessert topping in about a minute. And there is a little chopping attachment that is like a mini food processor in which I can dice an onion or similar sized item quickly. The best part is that most of it can go in the dishwasher, so clean up is a piece of cake. Beats the big, heavy food processor any day!

1 comment:

ST said...

I love my immersion blender, too! Yeah, the blender or fodd processor does a slightly better job, but I am lazy and always use the immersion blender in the pot. I love the new look of your blog, too - much "cleaner".